Moving can be one of the most stressful experiences in life. Getting yourself and your family organized will take the stress out of the day and allow you to focus on the fun stuff - like the fact that you’re moving into a great new home!Here are a few quick pointers for an easier move:
- Create your own personal timetable and checklist OR CLICK on the "DETAILED MOVING CHECKLIST" LINK to request my extensive Detailed Checklist. You’ll feel a comforting sense of accomplishment as items are checked off.
- Give everyone in the family their own responsibilities, including your kids. It’s a great way to make sure everyone feels involved.
- If you can afford to, use a moving service. Having professionals do the work for you is a huge way to simplify a move. Plus, if anything is lost or damaged, their insurance should cover it.
- Use your agent as a resource. He or she is full of great suggestions for moving companies, cleaning services, decorators and more.
- Give yourself a "time cushion." If possible, don’t move in the same day the previous owners are moving out. If you have some extra time, you can also go into the empty house and clean or paint.